Travel & Tragedy  

Posted by Donna

This is our beloved Bailey at one of his favorite places on the planet, the dog park. He's been slowing down of late and had a vet appointment set for Tuesday. Sunday morning at 4:30 my husband took him down to the emergency vet because his breathing was so laboured. A chest x-ray showed his lungs are nearly a solid mass, he has terminal lung cancer. At this point, at this advanced stage and the fact that he's nearly 11 years old, the vet isn't recommending any treatment, just gave us pain meds and said to make him as comfortable as possible. We had no idea. We are devastated. A few minutes after they got back from the vet with the news we had to leave to get me to the airport to leave for Amman. I'm trying to get excited about this amazing opportunity but my heart is at home. All I can do is hope that he will hold on until I get home.

This entry was posted on March 1, 2010 at Monday, March 01, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

He is such a beautiful boy. I'm so sorry you had such a worry to start your trip.

March 2, 2010 at 5:21 AM

Oh no! I hope he waits for you. I'm so sorry babe.

March 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM

He looks like a tough dog; hopefully he will hang in there & wait for Mommy to come home...

March 3, 2010 at 3:40 PM
Anonymous  

I'm so sorry to hear this. He looks like a wonderful soul and a joyful companion. It's never a good time to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Now is the time to spoil him mercilessly and shower him with every last drop of love you have.

My heart goes out to you and I pray that his days are blanketed in love and pain free peace.

Carolynn

March 4, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Post a Comment