Where the Wild Things Are  

Posted by Donna

Safari. Africa. Two words that evoke a myriad of images and emotions. This is where I will be spending four glorious weeks, the entire month of February 2011, in the north east corner of South Africa, on a private game reserve. My only job will be to show up each morning with my camera gear and my sense of adventure.

I have no idea where I will end up after I return from Africa. Seldom does one have the time and the money to take a month off and I wasn't about to squander it sending out resumes and waiting for the phone to ring.

No matter. Since I made the decision to leave the environment has been much better, since my manager got the mandate from her manager to avoid pissing me off, lest I walk out and demand the severance package without fulfulling my extended notice period.

The project is run by a conservation organization that uses the photographs of the volunteers in their efforts to educate the world and the local population. These images are from the September project volunteer portfolio.

I continue to make lemonade from the lemons.

This entry was posted on November 27, 2010 at Saturday, November 27, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Awesome. Life is an adventure!

November 29, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Wow, wow, WOW! I don't know what to say - this is going to be fabulous!

Can't wait to see more of your great photography...

November 29, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Oh. My. Gawd. I love how you operate, Girl. This is a fabulous way to celebrate new opportunities and you never know where this little jaunt may take you, in a bigger sense. I'm totally envious and am already wildly excited for your trip to begin. I can only image how excited you are! Can't wait to see the photos and hear all about it. Wow!

November 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM

woohoo! good for you! It was a great decision and it will be a great adventure. I will be waiting for a full report!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

December 11, 2010 at 8:03 AM

Of all the people I know, you YOU deserve this most.
Go have the time of your life. And you had better post all the pictures for me to drool over.
Wish I could join you.
Go show them how Canadians do it!!!
xoxoxo Love to you.

December 14, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Post a Comment