Cottage Industry  

Posted by Donna

At my cottage I have a tiny private patio and a little strip of garden to call my own. When I moved in there were 6-foot weeds of various descriptions, dead plants with stringy far-reaching roots, rocks and sticks and a sad aura of neglect.



































Now it looks like this. It's not much but I did it myself and I love it and that's all that matters.









































































Hopefully this Princess Flower will bloom before it gets too cold, it's in the middle between the purple fountain grass and the Spanish lavender. Coming outside in the evening and smelling the rosemary and lavender makes me happy, as does the simple task of watering.















I have some additional opinions and thoughts of my own to share on Missy but for now I'll just leave you with the flowers and the promise of more.

This entry was posted on September 13, 2010 at Monday, September 13, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Flowers have a way of dressing any room up beautifully. I think your backyard looks lovely and very inviting.

September 14, 2010 at 8:01 AM

I think that part of the appeal of gardening is the tangible expression of faith in the future, be it next week or next year.
I don't know if it helps your horse options to know there is a sanctuary in Pescadero. Equine Rescue is the name. They take horses in retirement as well as abuse cases etc.

September 14, 2010 at 12:35 PM

You've done a beautiful job with your patio. It makes a nice outdoor retreat.

September 14, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Wow, it looks great. Good for you.

September 19, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Beautiful! You arouse my guilt for my sadly neglected flowerbeds...

September 22, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Post a Comment