Still Life  

Posted by Donna

Our neighbors own an electrical company and use their home as a showcase for new and interesting lighting effects, often bringing clients there and hosting parties. This is their latest addition: a herd of custom-made sheetmetal horses.



They are life-size and magnificent, with individual spotlights embedded in the ground next to each horse for maximum effect when viewed in the dark.


During the day they are no less awe-inspiring. I'll have to invite myself to their next party and try to capture their stunning beauty under the lights.

This entry was posted on December 18, 2010 at Saturday, December 18, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

They're unusual and beautiful. I'd love to see them lit up too. Merry Christmas.

December 19, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Very cool!

December 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Wow. I'll bet that's a spectacular sight.

December 21, 2010 at 8:06 AM

They are very cool!

Thinking of you this holiday season, Donna!

December 24, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Such a wonderful and inspiring installation. It is totally breathtaking.
I wonder if it will age well in the weather, patina...you know?

Happy New Year to you Donna, all the best my friend in 2011.
xoxo

December 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Wow! That is very unique and fabulous. What a great way to promote their business and beautify their property at the same time. And what a nice setting in which to showcase their herd! I'd love to see the horses spotlighted at night. Do they have other animal sculptures?

December 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I WANT SOME!!!

Wow, those are absolutely fabulous - great photos!

(& a belated Happy New Year to you, my friend)

January 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Post a Comment